Many small businesses run on a “cash only” basis. In the past, this was a simple and convenient way to operate. However, in today’s world these small businesses are no longer saving money by cutting costs on transaction fees, they are actually losing customers.
Fewer and fewer people actually carry cash and as a result, debit and credit card processing is of the utmost importance to a business’ growth and success.
- Customers who do not have enough cash will walk away from a purchase they would otherwise make 1
- Credit and debit card payments already surpass cash payments 2
- One in four Millennials carries less than $5 cash on them per day seven days a week 3
- 65 percent of consumers say that debit or credit card is their preferred payment instrument 4
- By 2017 credit card purchases are expected to rise by 33 percent 2
Moonlighting makes it easy and convenient to set up a merchant account – with no barriers to entry, users can receive payments in a matter of minutes.
The Quick Pay feature allows you to receive payments from credit cards for only a 2% fee. Currently, these fees are turned off, meaning that you keep all of the earnings! This will help you increase profits by expanding your customer base and creating a simple and secure means of transacting.
In order to ensure the highest means of protection, security and privacy, we partnered with Braintree, a division of PayPal. Throughout the payment process, both the payer and payee receive email confirmations documenting the transaction.
By giving customers the option to pay with credit or debit cards, not only is your business making the purchase process easy and secure, you are also making the checkout process efficient and more profitable.
Set up your merchant account with Moonlighting today!