Summer is upon us. The heat is sweltering, the kids are out of school, and vacations are planned. Decisions, decisions… how do you balance the demands of taking care of business with having enough time to take advantage of summer fun?
Easy! Taking time off from work doesn’t mean the work has to stop. With the help of freelancers, your business can keep on growing while you’re out enjoying the sun. There are talented, professional freelancers on Moonlighting who are ready to make your summer plans a success.
Here are 15 ideas of tasks to hand off to freelancers this summer:
1. Hire a bookkeeper. Accounts receivables, credits and collections, accounts payable, billing, general ledger, and payroll never take a vacation. Leave the worries behind in the capable hands of a professional bookkeeper while you’re sunning on the beach.
2. A Personal Assistant can handle the phone calls, email, scheduling, data entry, managing projects, etc. while keeping you up-to-date with all the news. Let him or her deal with the clients while you take a well-deserved break.
3. A Social Media Specialist will manage your Twitter feed, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and all the other social media outlets, and keep them active with the latest information all year long.
4. An on-call IT Specialist is only a text away to fix any glitches that pop up at the work place. He/she can also keep your computers maintained on a scheduled basis whether you are there or not.
6. New SEO friendly content can be added to your blog or website by experienced Copywriters. It’s so important to keep new material flowing out for your readers, and with the right keywords, you will attract new people with the outstanding posts.
7. Have a Marketing Expert initiate an email newsletter to keep customers informed of all the latest and greatest. A monthly newsletter listing new products, sales, discounts, etc. is the best way to retain existing customers and to draw in new ones.
8. Look into the growth potential of your e-commerce Business. Online stores are the fastest growing platform for promoting your products or services. Consumers are more apt to browse an online store rather than walk around a physical establishment. Another bonus, you will have shoppers from outside your local community.
9. Hire a Graphic Designer to design a new logo. Spruce up the old hum-drum logo with vibrant colors and eye-catching appeal. It will show that your business is evolving and keeping up with the times.
10. Want to see how your business is growing? Have a Developer set up an analytics dashboard. All the information in one place allows you to see what’s working and what’s not.
11. Have an Event Planner work up all the details in having a get together for all the people who make your business a success. Thank them with a fantastic spread prepared by a freelance Caterer along with entertainment by an enterprising musical genius.
12. First impressions will make a difference. If you have a storefront, hire the best Landscapers to keep the lawn mowed and bushes trimmed all summer long. A Handyman can help with that paint job you were thinking about last winter.
13. Think about your image. Are the pictures on your website a few years old? A professional Photographer knows how to frame an image so that pops out in your advertising.
15. Commercials! Both on radio and TV – let the public know who you are and what you do, and how you can make their lives better.
To keep your business going strong all summer long, even while you’re not there, depend on your fellow Moonlighters to tackle all these jobs and more. Where can you find these fine, talented, professional freelancers? On Moonlighting, of course.
Tackle your to-do list with freelancers. Post a job today on Moonlighting—it’s free!