Sunday, June 18 is Father’s Day, a day to reward our dads and husbands for being such outstanding guys. You didn’t forget, did you?
Of course not! Have you picked up a present yet? Before you run out the door in a mad dash to the closest Wal-Mart, why not give that special someone a gift he will truly appreciate. Something you can shop for from the comfort of your own home.
Show some love to your father or significant other by hiring a freelancer through Moonlighting to take care of some of those items on his ‘honey-do’ list, those little tasks he never got around to doing, or something he has dreamed about but never received.
On Moonlighting, there’s a freelancer to take care of any job you can think of. Here are a few suggestions for a Father’s Day present that will make your fellow feel like a king:
1. It’s hard to enjoy summer when there are so many yard tasks to complete. A landscaper can mow the grass, trim the hedges, do the weed-eating, and all the other outside chores that take up so much time.
2. How about all those ‘fix-it’ jobs that have been put off – loose hinge on the back door, window screen needs to be replaced, a coat of paint on the porch, squeaky closet door – a handyman can take care of it.
3. Does he need someone to powerwash the driveway or house?
4. Get his car washed, waxed, and vacuumed.
5. Does the garage or workshop look like a disaster area? A housekeeper can get it cleaned up and organized.
6. Hire a dog walker to give dad a day off from walking Fido.
7. Let him sit and relax while someone else runs errands for him.
8. Hire a courier to transport the boxes of unwanted clothes to Goodwill.
9. An event planner will take the hassle out of arranging your upcoming Fourth of July bash.
10. Take your loved one out in style in a chauffeur-driven limo.
11. A custom made gift by a local artisan would knock his socks off.
12. Help dad relieve his kinked muscles with a massage.
13. A sports coach can offer tips on improving his golf game or baseball batting average.
14. A personal trainer can help him get those few pounds off and get in tip-top shape.
15. Have a caterer prepare his favorite meal.
16. A professional baker can make a one-of-a-kind Father’s Day cake.
17. Have a computer pro give his laptop a check-up and clean out all the accumulated unnecessary files and add-ons.
18. Are things at work getting hectic? A personal assistant may be able to ease the burden.
19. Ask a copywriter to help you write the perfect message for the man in your life.
20. How about a family portrait? A freelance photographer will capture Father’s Day in a way that last a lifetime.
There are a countless number of things you can do to make this the best Father’s Day ever for your dad or significant other. Freelancers are available on Moonlighting to make your special plans a reality. Don’t see a service you want on this list? Create a job post and Moonlighters will come to you!
Don’t delay – hire a freelancer today!!